SHOCKWATCH.COM’S WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your right to privacy is very important. ShockWatch, recognizes that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act responsibly. That is why we endeavor to use the information we collect and process carefully and sensibly, and have taken steps to safeguard it. We have prepared this explanation about our online information practices as a show of our commitment to protect your privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may obtain information from you in three ways: (1) when you voluntarily provide information to us by completing on-line forms, (2) automatically when you visit our websites, or (3) from third parties. We will not, however, collect any personally identifying information — such as your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number — about you from your visits to our website unless you voluntarily provide it. Ultimately, it is your choice whether you provide us any personally identifying information.
We may collect and maintain the following information about you:
- Information that you provide when you complete forms on our website to use our services (for example to receive information from us), posting material or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion online and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
If you have voluntarily provided information, you consented to both the collection of that information – including any personally identifiable information – and its use as described in this Privacy Statement.
Depending on the information and/or services you request, ShockWatch may ask you to provide your name, email address and other information at certain points throughout the Website. If you choose to provide your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. But, we will only use your personal information to provide you a quality service. You agree that by uploading, or otherwise providing any information on or through our website, you grant to ShockWatch a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use that information in connection with providing services to you. This license includes the right to host, index, cache or otherwise format your Content in order to provide our services.
ShockWatch may use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying customers, landing pages or end-users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data. ShockWatch retains the right to use Aggregated Data for internal use and to distribute and share any Aggregated Data with others on a selective basis.
You can find out more about this type of technology through your internet browser.
We may use web beacons to assist us in understanding how visitors to our Web Sites use such sites and/or to collect information regarding user’s activities on the web. Web beacons which are similar but not identical to cookies in the way they operate. You can find out more about web beacons at various internet sites. We may also use the services of a third party to collect such information for us.
- To improve, enhance and refine the quality of the website’s services and better understand your needs;
- To provide you information to allow you to maneuver around the website more effectively and efficiently;
- To communicate with you;
- To manage the website, monitor traffic patterns and gauge service popularity;
- To carry out our marketing activities;
- To respond to your requests for customer service; and
- To recognize you when you return to our website.
We may occasionally carry out market research and business development. A third party might help us to do this and they may send a cookie or web beacon.
INFORMATION SHOCKWATCH MAY DISCLOSE TO OTHERS
We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your permission. We may share such information when:
• We have your permission.
• To respond to the judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies. In those cases, ShockWatch will, of its own discretion, either comply with the request/order or seek protection from it.
• We believe the release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law; enforce our Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ShockWatch, our users, or the public.
HOW SHOCKWATCH PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
ShockWatch strives to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Among other things, this includes using firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and site monitoring.
Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you electronically transmit to us or receive from us. Therefore, any electronic transmissions are at your own risk. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we will use our security procedures to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Internally, we will restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs. These employees are committed to our privacy policies.
We also will review our security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
HOW YOU CAN PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
If you are using a ShockWatch web site where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also remember to sign out of the registered site and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This step is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if others have access to your computer.
If you forget your password, we will ask you for your User ID and send you an email containing a link that will allow you to reset your password.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you with personalized content that is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To process and respond to your inquiries about products and services.
- To alert you to new website features, products and services that we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites.
- To notify you about changes to what we do.
- To contact visitors to our website when necessary.
- To help address problems with our website.
- To administer our website.
- To help us better understand visitors’ use of our website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the site).
- To protect the security or integrity of our website.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. This may mean that we or they may contact you about these by mail or telephone.
WE LISTEN TO YOU
You can ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You may opt out at any time even if you have previously given your consent, although it will take a short while for the changes in your preferences to become effective. You can ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes by indicating your choice on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
YOU CAN VIEW OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To ensure that you have as much control over your personally identifiable information as possible, you may update your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to ShockWatch’s internal reporting and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You
can exercise those rights by e-mailing email@example.com.
THE CHOICES YOU HAVE
As discussed above:
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to receive information or take advantage of some ShockWatch services.
- You can add or update certain information you have provided. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can adjust your browser to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, to notify you when you receive a new cookie, or to disable cookies altogether.
- If you wish to not receive further communications from ShockWatch, please contact us at email@example.com to be removed from our database.
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and we comply fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For this reason, this Website is not directed toward children nor does ShockWatch knowingly collect information from children. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to us.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California law, California residents are entitled to request an Information Sharing Disclosure. If you provide notice to the address below, we will provide you with a notice of your right to prevent sharing of your personal information as well as a cost-free means of doing so. To receive such a notice, submit a written request to the address listed in the Contact section below, specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow thirty days for a response.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-527-9497.